Your support is so crucial to the future of eye care. Through your generous donations, we are able to help Moorfields Eye Hospital shape the future and deliver research breakthroughs and new treatments for our patients.
Everyday, Moorfields Eye Hospital and its partner, the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, work towards finding new treatments for eye diseases that currently have no cures, improving current therapies for treatable eye diseases, and finding more effective ways to identify and diagnose eye diseases so we can avoid preventable sight loss.
Thank you for sharing our goal to find new treatments for eye diseases and help people living with sight loss all over the world. Your support means the world to millions of people with blinding diseases worldwide. Here are a few of examples of what we have achieved:
- The Richard Desmond Children's Eye Centre, the world's largest specialist centre for the treatment and reserach of blinding diseases in children
- The London Project, a pioneering new stem cell treatment offering hope to people with AMD
- The Sir Jules Thorn Stem Cell Research Unit, a vital facility for the development of novel sight-saving treatments
- The establishment of a patient support service to ensure Moorfields' patients have access to emotional and psychological support and professional counselling
- The purchase of a state-of-the-art femtosecond laser for a ground-breaking cataract research trial