- Quarter cup of apple cider vinegar
- Quarter cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- Quarter cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 and a half cups of plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a 9”x9” square cake dish.
- Pour all the dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the water, vinegar and oil and continue whisking until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake at 180 degress for 30 minutes (or until a sharp knife inserted into the centre comes out clean).
- Take them out of the oven when there ready and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut them into square pieces and serve.