The purpose of this scheme is to support the dissemination of high quality, Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust derived, research at national and international conferences.
- contribution towards air/train travel to/from the conference
- accommodation for the duration of conference
- registration fee for the conference
- contribution towards poster printing cost
- Applicants must apply well in advance of the conference date and at least two months before the first day of the conference.
- Applications for funding should be submitted ahead of or in parallel to securing relevant study leave approval and acceptance to attend the conference.
- Late or retrospective applications will not be considered.
- Application forms can be submitted at any time during the year.
Individuals within the eligible staff categories must hold a contract of employment with Moorfields at the time the conference is attended.
Application process for ARVO 2020
Researchers who are intending to apply for a Research Travel Grant to attend ARVO can only do so via the Moorfields Eye Charity ARVO 2020 travel grant scheme.
Application process for all other conferences
1. Application form and guidance notes
Applicants are advised to read through all the guidance notes prior to starting to complete the application. Documents 1 and 2 must be returned at the time of application. Click on the links below to download the documents.
Please note that the current version (v4 - in use from 05/11/2020) of forms must be used. Old forms will be returned to applicants.
- MEC research travel grant application form
- MEC grant application T&C [data use]
- MEC research travel grant guidance notes
Completed applications should be submitted to email@example.com
2. Poster and presentation templates
The requirement of this scheme is that all award holders will use Moorifelds Eye Hospital branded templates for poster and oral presentatins. Please find the relevant templates here.
- Moorfields NHS FT research poster template A0 - Landscape
- Moorfields NHS FT research poster template A0 - portrait
- Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust PowerPoint (blue)
- Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust PowerPoint (green)
3. Report and claim form
Individuals who have been awarded a MEC Research Travel Grant should use the following forms upon return from the conference. Only electronic copies will be accepted and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any conditions outlined in your award letter must be addressed at the time of submitting an expenses claim.
General scheme queries
T: 020 7566 2632