The purpose of this scheme is to support the dissemination of high quality, Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust derived, research at national and international conferences.
Funding will only be provided against the following areas and applicants are advised to refer to the guidelines for specific details on allowed/disallowed costs and caps on funding.
- contribution towards air/train travel to/from the conference
- accommodation for the duration of conference
- registration fee for the conference
- contribution towards poster printing cost
Individuals within the eligible staff categories must hold a contract of employment with Moorfields at the time the conference is attended.
For full details on who can apply and all other scheme criteria please refer to the scheme guidelines.
Applicants must apply well in advance of the conference date and ahead of or in parallel to securing relevant study leave approval and acceptance to attend the conference. Late or retrospective applications will not be considered. Moorfields Eye Charity will endeavour to process requests within four weeks of receipt of complete and eligible applications. Application forms can be submitted at any time during the year.
Completed applications should be submitted to email@example.com
Application form and guidance notes
Applicants are advised to read through all the guidance notes prior to starting to complete the application. Click on the links below to download the documents.
Please note that the current version (v3) of forms must be used. Old forms will be returned to applicants.
- MEC research travel grant application form
- MEC grant application T&C [data use] - Please note that every person named in the 'applicant section' of the application form must complete this form if they have not already done so as part of a previous application
- MEC research travel grant guidance notes
Expenses claims and reporting requirements
Individuals who have been awarded a MEC Research Travel Grant should use the following forms upon return from the conference. Please ensure that you refer to the scheme guidance notes when submitting your expenses claims. Only electronic copies will be accepted and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any conditions outlined in your award letter must be addressed at the time of submitting an expenses claim.
General scheme queries
Cath Thums, Grants Officer
T: 020 7566 2632