Our Research Training Fellowship [PhD] scheme is intended to enable medical, nursing, optometry and allied health professionals the opportunity to undertake a high-quality research training fellowship towards a PhD focused on the advancement of education, clinical practice or ophthalmic research and which will be to the benefit of Moorfields Eye Hospital and its patients.
- Potential applicants are strongly advised to first consider applying through the NIHR Academy - MEC partnership grant making programmes for PhD felllowship funding.
- Applicants must discuss any potential application with Moorfields Eye Charity before starting to prepare an application.
- This is a response mode competitive funding scheme with applications accepted once a year.
- Interviews will be part of the decision making process.
Applications can be for a full time (3 years) or part time (5 years) Research Training Fellowship. Salary support can be requested, commensurate at current level. Furthermore, the scheme supports a clinical-research training career path by allowing Fellows to spend up to 20% of their time on NHS clinical sessions. EU/UK PhD registration fees are included and directly related research expenses can be requested up to a maximum of £20,000 per year (pro rata).
The date below is the deadline for receipt of completed applications by Moorfields Eye Charity. Applicants must ensure that they allow sufficient time (up to 3 weeks prior to the deadlines below) for their research offices to consider and approve applications.
|Spring 2020||Wednesday 20 November 2019|
- Pre-submission: Steps to follow to submit your application
Grant application T&C [data use] form: Please note that every person named in Section 1 of the application form must complete this form, if they have not already done so as part of a previous application
Annex A Research training budget template [excel file]
Completed applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on the date of the advertised deadlines.
General scheme queries
T: 020 7566 2565