Moorfields Eye Charity is committed to providing our supporters with the very best donor care. We want you to feel that your support is recognised and valued and that you are kept updated on how charitable support is helping to shape the future of eye care.
Our supporters are critical to our success. We are fully committed to being transparent and accountable to you.
1. We value your donations and will keep you informed
- We value every gift we receive, large and small, and seek to acknowledge and send thanks for all donations in a timely manner.
- We will be transparent about how we use your donations and we will always put your gift to work as quickly as we can.
- We will share news about Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, the hospital’s academic partner. We will also keep you informed about how charitable donations are benefitting patients and people with sight problems further afield.
2. We respect your right to privacy
- We will rely on legitimate interest to send marketing materials by post. In addition, in line with your preferences, we may communicate with you by post, email, text or telephone. If we phone you, we will always check first that you are happy to speak to us and that it is a convenient time to call.
- We will respect your wishes, so if you ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes we won’t, unless it’s a legal requirement.
- We only allow authorised agents who work on our behalf to access your personal data and will never exchange your details with, or sell or rent your data to, any other commercial or charitable organisations. We have a Data Protection Policy (DPP) in place, detailing the ways in which the charity may process your data and how you can manage this. Our Data Protection Policy can be viewed here and information on how we process data is available on request.
3. We will take accountability for our actions
- We will always take action if any external supplier acting on behalf of Moorfields Eye Charity fails to meet our standards.
- When we get things wrong, we will be up front about our mistakes, apologise and act quickly to fix them.
If you would like to talk to us about our supporter policy, or if you have ideas on how we could improve, please contact Rachel Jones, director of development on 020 7566 2565 or email her at Rachel.Jones3@moorfields.nhs.uk.
We always strive for best practice in fundraising and we take complaints seriously. If you would like to make a complaint please see our complaints procedure here.
Our activities, and the processes which underpin them, are conducted under the legal basis of either consent or legitimate interest, as outlined in our data protection and fair processing policies. We are a member of the Fundraising Regulator and regularly comply with all relevant laws including the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation 2003. We will also screen against the Fundraising Preference Service and the Telephone Preference Service where applicable.