We know how much our supporters value Moorfields and how much you want to help. We want to give you the chance to support us in any way you can.
That's why we're looking for enthusistic fundraising volunteers to help spread the word about the amazing work we do.
By volunteering for us, you can support us with your time as well as through donations. It also allows us to give something back - whether that's the oppertunity to learn new skills, gain experience in the charity sector or just join a warm and welcoming community and make some new friends.
Volunteering with us
We want your experience here at Moorfields Eye Charity to be engaging and fun. As a fundraising volunteer, you will be assisting us in raising essential funds that directly benefit Moorfields Eye Hospital. In return, we will do everything we can to help you get the most out of the experience: from giving you a full induction and training to just being there for a friendly chat, we’ll make sure you have everything you need.
As a fundraising volunteer you might:
- Cheer on our fabulous participants and be representatives of the charity on fundraising event days such as the London Landmarks half marathon, or our RideLondon cycling event.
- Educate visitors to the hospital about the charity.
- Encourage people to get involved with our fundraising events and appeals, such as Moorfields Tea and Eye to Eye
- Join in the festive fun at Christmas by selling raffle tickets.
- Distribute our leaflets around the hospital.
- Help with writing thank you letters to our supporters, data input, filing paper work and other clerical duties in our friendly City Road office.
It's the perfect opportunity to get involved with the fantastic work we do, and to have a direct impact on how much we raise and the support we can offer to Moorfields Eye Hospital and the Institute of Ophthalmology. Holly Hollis, volunteer and supporter relations officer here at Moorfields Eye Charity, said:
I'm so excited for our volunteer programme, it's a fantastic way for people to engage with the charity. The hospital offers such amazing care for its patients, I'm sure many of them will want to give back by offering their time and energy to help us fundraise. We can't wait to have you on board!
You can register your interest or ask any questions by contacting our volunteer officer Holly on firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling on 02075662565 or by clicking the button below.
Note that we need volunteers that can commit to at least a three hour shift two or three times a month, but If you can give us even more time that would be wonderful! We can offer expenses for travel and for some longer shifts, and we can also cover your lunch.