Update September 2018
Moorfields Eye Charity is delighted to confirm that our PhD studentships have been enhanced and will now provide funding of up to £110,000 to support the training of a graduate student to conduct a high quality PhD research project towards the understanding, prevention and cure of vision disorders carried out for the benefit of Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and people with vision disorders.
We have also extended the current deadline to allow additional time for supervisors to prepare applications. Please see details below.
Scheme remit notes
Each application will be judged, as appropriate, against a number of criteria including but not limited to:
- Intrinsic merit and strength of the work.
- Development and design of research to support the undertaking of a research training project.
- Training and expertise development opportunities for the student.
- Support, mentorship and transferable skill attainment considerations.
Applicants with research projects which fall into one or both of the following are particularly encouraged to apply:
- research is entirely clinical or patient based (with no laboratory use/component)
- collaborative project between Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and UCL Institute of Ophthalmology
A Moorfields Eye Charity Studentship will provide a grant of up to £110,000 to support the training of a graduate student from no later than the 1st November in the year awarded, for three years. Students can be selected following the award and all students will, unless approved otherwise, register for a PhD with the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology.
For further details on the scheme including eligibility criteria please refer to the scheme guidance notes.
The date below is the deadline for receipt of completed applications by Moorfields Eye Charity. Applicants must ensure that they allow sufficient time (up to 3 weeks prior to the deadlines below) for their research offices to consider and approve applications.
|2019 Spring||3 December 2018|
- Pre-submission: Steps to follow to submit your application
Grant application T&C [data use] form: Please note that every person named in Section 1 of the application form must complete this form, if they have not already done so as part of a previous application
Completed applications must be emailed to email@example.com no later than 5pm on the date of the advertised deadlines.
General scheme queries
Cath Thums, Grants Officer
T: 020 7566 2565